- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 tsp French mustard
- 250 ml cold-pressed extra-virgin sunflower oil
- 50 ml extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped mixed herbs, such as lovage, chervil and dill
- ½ lemons
- black pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Raw or lightly cooked eggs should not be served to young children, elderly people, invalids and pregnant women, because of the risk of salmonella poisoning.
1. Put the egg yolks and mustard in a large bowl. Stir briskly to start the emulsification process.
2. Gradually beat in the sunflower oil, drop by drop to begin with until the mixture starts to thicken, then in a thin stream.
3. Beat in the olive oil, and when it is thick and like a golden ointment, add the herbs. Squeeze in lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper.
Rate This Recipe