- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2-3 handfuls of leafy herbs, leaves picked, including tarragon, chervil, flat-leafed parsley, chives, thyme, dill and lemon balm
- 1 small veal tenderloin, weighing about 180g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 potatoes, thinly sliced
- nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 chives, to garnish
For the dressing:
- 70 ml white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil, chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pick over the herbs to remove any debris or discoloured ones. Place in a bowl.
2. Make the dressing by mixing the vinegar, shallots, mustard, chopped herbs, and salt and pepper together in a bowl. Add the oil and whisk until smooth.
3. Place the veal in a grill pan and brush with oil. Place under a preheated hot grill for about 10 minutes, turning, until browned and medium rare.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the potato slices in a single layer and season with freshly grated nutmeg. Fry for 5-7 minutes, turning, until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
5. Layer the potatoes in the middle of a serving plate. Place the veal on top.
6. Pour enough of the dressing over the herb salad to just coat the leaves. Toss gently. Arrange a mound of salad on top of the veal.
7. Garnish with a chive and drizzle some of the dressing around the edge of the plate.
Rate This Recipe