- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing the bread
- 1 cloves garlic, , bashed lightly to loosen the skin
- 350 g podded broad beans, fresh or frozen
- 150 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 100 g baby leaf salad
1. Brush all sides of the bread slices with a little olive oil. Toast each side under a hot grill for a few minutes until crisp and golden. Cool slightly, then rub the clove of garlic all over. Cut into cubes and set aside.
2. Cook the broad beans in boiling salted water for 4 minutes. Drain but reserve the cooking water, and rinse the beans in a colander under cold water.
3. Bring the cooking water back to the boil, add the peas and cook for 2 minutes. Now discard the cooking water and rinse the peas in the colander under cold water.
4. In a large bowl, mix the broad beans, peas, mint, basil, flat leaf parsley, lemon zest and juice, oil and seasoning to taste.
5. Arrange the salad leaves over the base of a large platter or bowl, then spoon the bean salad on top. Scatter the garlic croutons over the top of the salad before serving.
Rate This Recipe