- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g venison loin
- 1 dashes of olive oil
- 1 dashes of balsamic vinegar
- 50 ml dark chicken stock
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- knob of butter
- To serve, herb salad, of flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, chervil, chives
1. Seal the venison off in a pan for a few minutes until coloured on all sides, but not cooked in the middle.
2. Remove from the pan to rest (it should still be raw in the middle)
3. In the same pan, pour in the balsamic vinegar and deglaze the pan.
4. Then add chicken stock, shallots, garlic and herbs and a knob of butter and stir quickly to emulsify.
5. Meanwhile, slice the venison into ½ cm slices and lay out on individual plates.
6. Serve 3 or 4 slices and drizzle the pan juices around the plate.
7. Serve with a mixed herb salad of flat-leaf parsley, tarragon, chervil and chives.
Rate This Recipe