- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- dash olive oil
- 2 hog's pudding sausages, skin removed and sliced into discs
- 2 apples, unpeeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 12 large scallops or 20 medium scallops, removed from their shells, leave the roe on if you like
- 200 g bag baby spinach
For the cider sauce
- 100 ml dry cider, preferably Cornish
- 50 ml double cream
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the hogs pudding slices and apple pieces.
2. Fry for 1 minute and then add the scallops. Cook the scallops until golden-brown on one side. Remove the hogs pudding from the pan and drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper
3. Season the scallops with salt and flip them over. Give them another 30 seconds to a minute, and then transfer them to the kitchen paper to drain. Remove the apples and keep warm.
4. Pour the cider into the pan and simmer for 1 minute, or until reduced in volume slightly. Add the cream and simmer for another 30 seconds. Mix in the mustard.
5. Tip the spinach into a saucepan with a splash of water and cook until wilted.
5. Serve the spinach with the hogs pudding, scallops and apples, with the sauce poured over.
Rate This Recipe