- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 24 hrs curing time
- Effort: easy
For the salmon
- 1 x500 g salmon, pin boned
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 300 g raw beetroot
- 2 oranges, grated zest only
- small bunch dill, finely chopped
- small bunch chervil, finely chopped
- small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- small bunch basil, finely chopped
For the garnish
- handfuls salad leaves
- 4 radishes, shredded
- small handful parsley
1. Place the salmon on a chopping board with the skin facing down.
2. Mix the salt, molasses, beetroot, orange zest and mixed herbs together. Now press the mixture over the top of the salmon. Wrap with cling film and place a heavy tray on top of the salmon fillet. Weigh down and chill for 24 hours.
3. After 24 hours, unwrap the fish. Rinse the salmon under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper and wrap in cling film. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
4. To serve, cut into very thin slices, arrange in the centre of a serving plate and garnish with salad leaves, shredded radish and parsley.
Rate This Recipe