- Serves: Makes 300ml mayonnaise
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 tsp English mustard
- black pepper
- 150 ml sunflower oil
- 150 ml olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp white wine vinegar, or fresh lemon juice
1. In a mixing bowl beat together the yolks and mustard with a whisk. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Gradually whisk the sunflower and olive oils into the beaten egg, adding just a few drops at first and making sure it is thoroughly incorporated. After a while, you can add slightly larger amounts of oil at a time, always making sure it is well incorporated.
3. Once the oils have been mixed in beat in the vinegar. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary. Serve at once or store in a screw-topped jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate This Recipe