- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 6-8 hrs setting time
- Effort: easy
- 500 ml full-fat milk
- 30 g skimmed milk powder, (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp live yogurt
Tips and Suggestions
Home-made yogurt tends to be on the runny side, so use the milk powder if you prefer a thicker set.
1. Sterilise a whisk, a cooking thermometer, a mixing bowl and a saucepan by immersing them in hot water and shake dry.
2. Pour the milk into the saucepan and whisk in the dried milk powder (if using). Warm the milk on a medium heat, stirring gently, until it reaches 46C.
3. Take the saucepan off the heat and pour the milk into the mixing bowl. Whisk in the yogurt and blend well. Cover the bowl with a lid or cling film, wrap in a towel and keep in a warm place - an airing cupboard or above a radiator.
4. Leave the yogurt for 6-8 hours. If it has thickened and set, then it's ready to go in the fridge. If not, leave it for a few more hours.
Rate This Recipe