- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 30 mins chilling
- Effort: medium
- 350 g '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- black pepper
- 3 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 115 g Parma ham, chopped
- 8 raw king prawns, de-veined
- 8 scallops, shelled and cleaned
- 115 g fresh baby broad beans, (fresh or frozen and thawed) shelled and waxy outer skins peeled off
- juice of half a lemons
- 115 g rocket
1. Sift the flour and 1 teaspoon of salt into a mound on a clean work surface. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, yolks and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Using your hands gradually work the flour into the liquid centre, adding 1-2 tablespoons of water if necessary to make a soft dough. Knead the dough until smooth and pliable.
3. Wrap the pasta dough in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into four pieces. Set the pasta machine at its widest setting and pass the pasta dough through the machine a couple of times. Narrow the setting by one notch and pass the dough through again. Repeat this process until you have a fine sheet of pasta, then repeat the whole process again until you have four sheets of pasta. Set aside to dry slightly for 5 minutes.
5. Cut the pasta sheets into tagliatelle using the tagliatelle cutter on your pasta machine. Hang the tagliatelle over a wooden pole or place on a clean tea-towel and set aside to dry for 5 minutes.
6. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the Parma ham and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and scallops and cook, stirring, until they turn opaque, around 2-3 minutes. Add the broad beans and cook for a further 1 minute.
7. Add the lemon juice and season with freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle over the rocket and cook until the rocket has just wilted.
8. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the fresh tagliatelle and cook until al dente, around 3-5 minutes. Drain.
9. Transfer the tagliatelle to a serving bowl and top with the seafood medley. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe