- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus at least 20 mins marinating
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breast fillets
For the rice noodle salad:
- 125 g rice noodles
- 150 g broccoli
- 100 g cucumber
- 2 spring onions
- 1 small mild chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Combine the honey and soy sauce in a small mixing bowl and stir until the honey has dissolved. Add the chilli. Cut the chicken evenly into bite-sized pieces and place in the marinade, stirring gently to coat. Set aside for at least 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil. Trim the broccoli and cut it into bite-sized pieces. When the water is boiling throw the broccoli into it and blanch for 2 minutes, until the vegetable is bright green and just tender. Immediately drain in a sieve and hold the broccoli under cold running water to stop the cooking. Set aside to cool completely.
3. Bring a kettle of water to the boil. Place the rice noodles in a large mixing bowl and cover with the boiling water from the kettle. Set aside to steep for 3-5 minutes, or according to the packet instructions. When the noodles are just tender, drain thoroughly, then return them to the mixing bowl and add the blanched broccoli.
4. Halve the cucumber lengthways and use a metal teaspoon to scoop out the seeds. Finely slice the cucumber diagonally and add it to the bowl of noodles. Cut the spring onions into short pieces, slicing them on the diagonal, and add to the noodles.
5. Add the chilli, soy sauce, lime juice and sesame oil and toss the noodles gently so that the vegetables and dressing are evenly distributed.
6. Preheat the grill and grill pan. Lift the chicken pieces from the marinade and thread them onto metal skewers, making 2 or 4 kebabs depending on the length of your skewers. Place them under the hot grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, turning as necessary, until the chicken is browned and slightly charred at the edges, and cooked right through.
7. Divide the rice noodle salad amongst serving plates and top with the chicken kebabs.
Rate This Recipe