- Serves: Makes 12
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
For the cakes
- 115 g butter, softened
- 115 g caster sugar
- 115 g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp honey
For the icing
- 50 g butter, melted
- 400 g icing sugar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 4 honeycomb chocolate bars, cut into pieces
- 1 packets sugar bees sweets, (see Cook's Tips)
- edible glitter, (see Cook's Tips)
Tips and Suggestions
Sugar bees and edible glitter are available from baking and sugarcraft shops and online at sites including flossiecrums.com
1. When youre ready to start, ask a grown-up to turn on the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
2. Mix all the ingredients together really well in a bowl.
3. Put 12 cupcake paper cases into a 12-hole fairy cake tin and spoon the mixture evenly between the cases.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Ask a grown-up to take the cakes out of the oven and place them onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Wait until the cakes are cool, then whisk the ingredients for the icing together and spread onto the cakes.
7. Build up a pile of cut up honeycomb chocolate bars and decorate with sugar bees. You can use a little icing or edible glue to hold the bees in place.
8. Sprinkle with edible fairy glitter to make the cakes magical!
Rate This Recipe