- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 6 quail
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp honey
For the dressing
- 80 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 80 ml hazelnut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
For the salad
- 3 red apples
- handfuls flat leaf parsley
- 1 red chicory, leaves separated
- 1 green chicory, leaves separated
- large handful rocket
- 40 g watercress
- 1/2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 100 g roasted hazelnuts, skinned and roughly chopped
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Brush the quails with butter and cook, turning frequently, until browned all over - this should take 7-10 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Quarter each quail to give 2 breast and 2 leg pieces, and arrange on a baking tray. Lightly brush with honey and warm through in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
3. For the Dijon mustard and honey dressing, whisk the orange juice, mustard, hazelnut oil and honey together.
4. For the salad, combine the ingredients in a salad bowl and add enough dressing to moisten.
5. To serve, divide the salad between 6 serving plates. Arrange 2 quail breasts on each plate and top with the remaining salad and quail's legs. Spoon over the extra dressing and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe