- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the parfait
- 50 g heather honey
- 45 g caster sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- splash Grand Marnier
- 300 ml double cream, lightly whipped to soft peaks
For the white chocolate sauce
- 200 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 2 tbsp whisky
- frozen mixed berries, to serve
- mint leaves, to decorate
1. For the parfait: line a medium (500g) loaf tin or 4 individual dariole moulds with cling film. Place the honey, sugar and egg yolks into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't come into contact with the water or the heat will be too fierce).
2. Whisk continuously for several minutes until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened to ribbon stage (the whisk will leave a trail of mixture on the surface which will remain for a few seconds before sinking). Remove from the heat and cool.
3. When the egg mixture is cool, gently fold it into the whipped cream then pour the mixture into the loaf tin or individual moulds. Freeze until firm, ideally for at least 24 hours.
4. For the white chocolate sauce: place the chocolate pieces into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't come into contact with the water or the heat will be too fierce). Leave until the chocolate has melted, stirring occasionally, the slowly pour in the cream, stirring to incorporate. Remove from the heat and stir in the whisky.
5. When ready to serve, remove the parfait from the freezer and turn out onto a plate. Remove the cling film then decorate with the frozen berries. Drizzle over the chocolate sauce, decorate with mint and serve straight away.
Rate This Recipe