- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling and setting time
- Effort: easy
For the panna cottas
- 500 ml cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise, or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 175 g honey
- 110 g sugar
- 4 tsp powdered gelatine
- 500 ml buttermilk
For the sunshine fruit topping
- 3 peaches
- 4 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp clear honey
Tips and Suggestions
Rinse the leftover vanilla pod and store it in your sugar container it will add a nice flavour to the sugar.
1. For the panna cottas: place 250ml of the cream in a saucepan with the vanilla, honey and sugar. Heat, stirring, until the sugar has fully dissolved, then simmer for 1 minute.
2. Remove the pan from the heat and lift out the vanilla pod (if using). Split the vanilla pod open and scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the cream mixture and whisk to combine.
3. Place 4 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatine over the top, stirring until it is fully absorbed. Add the soaked gelatine to the hot cream, stirring until it is fully dissolved (you will know when it has dissolved because there will be no visible granules).
4. Cool the mixture for 15-20 minutes, stirring often (it needs to be cool before the buttermilk is added or it will split).
5. Lightly whip the remaining 250ml of cream and stir it into the cooled mixture, then whisk in the buttermilk until all is smooth.
6. Divide the mixture between 6-8 serving glasses. Cover and refrigerate until set. This should take about 3-4 hours but can be left up to 24 hours.
7. For the sunshine fruit topping: peel and finely dice the peaches. Place in a bowl and mix in the pulp of the passion fruit and the liquid honey.
8. To serve, spoon the sunshine fruit topping over the chilled, set panna cottas.
Rate This Recipe