- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 6 small green chillies, chopped, plus extra if required
- 4 coriander roots, chopped
- big chunk of galangal, cut into 6 slices
- 4 lime leaves, finely sliced
- 200 g live mussels
- 4 fresh scallops, shelled
- 1 head of pak choi, sliced
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- coriander leaves, to garnish
1. Bring the stock to a boil in a large pan.
2. Place the lemon grass, chillies and coriander root in a mortar and bruise them with the pestle.
3. Add the lemon grass, chillies, coriander root, galangal and lime leaves to the boiling stock.
4. Add the mussels, scallops, bok choy, fish sauce and lime juice and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, adding more chilli to taste. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Rate This Recipe