- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus optional marinating
- Effort: easy
For the marinated lamb
- 150 g loin lamb, trimmed of any excess fat
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp olive oil
For the coriander yoghurt
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ lemons, juice only
- 2 cm piece root ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 flatbread
- ¼ white onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
Tips and Suggestions
You don't have to use premium-priced lamb loin for this recipe - a cheaper cut like neck fillet will work well too.
1. For the lamb: put the lamb in a small dish. Mix the tomato purée, spices and oil together and rub over the lamb. If there's time, marinate for 1-2 hours.
2. Heat a griddle pan until hot. Cook the lamb for 2 minutes on each side, until lightly charred on the outside and pink and juicy (or cooked to your liking) on the inside. (You could also cook the lamb on a hot barbecue.)
3. Transfer the lamb to a warm plate and set aside to rest for about 7 minutes.
4. For the coriander yogurt: mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper and set aside.
5. To serve: place a frying pan over a medium heat. Lay the flatbread in the pan and warm through for 1-2 minutes on each side (you can also heat the flatbread in the oven or under the grill).
6. Spread the flatbread with the coriander yogurt, then place the rested lamb on top. Scatter over the sliced onion. Roll up the flatbread and cut in half diagonally. Top each half with a couple of slices of chilli, if using, and serve.
Rate This Recipe