- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 bananas
- 200 g chocolate covered toffees, cut in pieces
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 150 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 4 tbsp toffee sauce
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped dark chocolate toffees
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped milk chocolate toffees
- 2 tbsp toasted, chopped hazelnuts
- 4 brandied cherries, from a jar
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
2. Make a lengthways slit along the each of the banana skins, cutting into the flesh (make sure you don't cut all the way through). Fill the cavities with the chocolate toffee pieces, then wrap each banana in foil. Place the packages on a baking tray and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the bananas are softened.
3. Remove from the oven, carefully open the banana skin then transfer the chocolate-coated bananas onto serving dishes. Top each serving with a scoop of ice cream and piped, or dollops of, whipped cream. Drizzle over the toffee sauce and scatter with the toffee candies and the nuts. Finish with a cherry.
Rate This Recipe