- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 blueberry muffins
- 125 g blueberries
- 125 g raspberries
- 125 ml sweet white wine, such as Sauternes or Muscat
- 250 g mascarpone
- grated zest and juice of 1 oranges
- icing sugar, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6. Cut the muffins in half diagonally from top to bottom. Take 8 pieces of foil, each 25cm square. Layer two foil squares on top of each other, making four double layered foil squares.
2. Put the 2 halves of each muffin on a double layered square of foil. Scrunch the foil round the base and up the sides of the muffins to keep the 2 halves loosely together and hold them in place, leaving enough room to sandwich berries in the middle.
3. Spoon the blueberries and raspberries between the sliced muffin halves. Pour a quarter of the sweet wine over each muffin and bring the foil together tightly to seal the muffins into a parcel.
4. Place the muffin parcels on a baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, place the mascarpone in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until soft. Add the orange zest and juice and sweeten with icing sugar to taste.
6. Transfer the muffin parcels to serving plates, open them up and serve hot, topped with the orange mascarpone.
Rate This Recipe