- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 3 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 430 g fresh buffalo fillet steak
- 450 ml orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 juniper berries, crushed
- 3 unwaxed oranges
- 1 avocado
- 1 large ball of buffalo mozzarella
- handful of walnuts, chopped
- 500 g rocket
- 3 red chillies, de-seeded and finely shredded
- 1 tbsp of clear honey
1. Lay the buffalo fillet in a shallow dish and pour over half of the orange juice and half of the crushed juniper berries. Leave to marinate for 2-3 hours.
2. Grate the zest from 1 of the oranges and set it aside. Peel the oranges and remove the segments.
3. Peel and thinly slice the avocado.
4. Tear the mozzarella into bite sized chunks.
5. Add the walnuts and rocket and half of the chillies.
6. For the dressing, combine the remaining orange juice, honey, orange zest, a little salt and pepper and the remainder of the finely shredded chillies.
7. Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Slice lengthways into strips, toss into the salad and pour over the dressing.
8. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe