- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- pinch of sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- 4 chicken breast fillets
For the tomato and avocado salsa:
- 4 large tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- juice of 1 limes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium ripe medium avocado, stoned, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 4-8 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 150 ml soured cream
1. Mix together the chilli oil, chilli powder, paprika, sugar, lime juice and zest in a bowl.
2. Cut each chicken breast lengthways into six strips. Add to the chilli paste, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the tomato and avocado salsa. Place the tomato, red chilli, lime juice, red onion, avocado, olive oil and coriander in a large bowl and stir gently to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and place in a serving bowl.
4. Heat a barbecue or ridged griddle pan.
5. Thread 3 pieces of marinated chicken onto 3 bamboo skewers, soaked in water overnight.
6. Place the chicken skewers on the barbecue or griddle pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Place the chicken skewers on a serving plate and serve with the tomato and avocado salsa, warmed tortillas, lettuce and soured cream. Allow each person to assemble the fajitas themselves.
Rate This Recipe