- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus rising time for the dough
- Effort: medium
For the doughnuts
- 225 g strong flour
- 3 g salt
- 15 g yeast
- 22 g sugar
- 22 g butter
- 100 ml water
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
For the spiced sugar
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- smooth strawberry jam, sieved to remove any fruit pieces
- vanilla ice cream
1. For the doughnuts: place the strong flour, salt, yeast, sugar, butter and water in a food mixer or food processor and using the dough hook attachment combine all the ingredients for 3 minutes.
2. Prove (leave to rise) the dough at room temperature until twice its original size. Knock back, then roll into balls and prove again until they expand further.
3. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer. Fry the dough balls for 6-7 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove the doughnuts from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
4. For the spiced sugar: combine the caster sugar and cinnamon. and roll the doughnuts in the spiced sugar.
5. Gently warm the strawberry jam in a pan until melted. Pour it into a syringe and carefully inject into the middle of the doughnuts.
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe