- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 pineapples
- 50 g butter
- 450 g mixed summer berries, blackberries, rasberries, blueberries, strawberries and redcurrants
- 4 tbsp damson gin
- 50 g hazelnuts, roasted
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, shredded
Flapjack ice cream
- 2 tbsp toffee sauce
- 1 flapjack, crumbled
- 1 litres vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 3 spring roll wrappers
- 1 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50 g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. To make the sugar tuiles, brush each spring roll wrapper with the egg, then sprinkle with the sugar.
3. Layer the three sheets on top of each other, pressing the layers down with a rolling pin.
4. Cut the layered sheets into strips and place on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 3-4 minutes until golden & crisp. Remove and cool.
6. To make the flapjack ice cream. Mix the toffee sauce and crumbled flapjack into the ice cream.
7. Slice the pineapple into 2cm rounds. Remove and dice the flesh, reserving four pineapple skin rings.
8. Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add in the diced pineapple flesh and fry for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add in the assorted soft fruits, then the damson gin, hazelnuts and mint. Cook for one more minute.
10. Fill the reserved pineapple skin rings with the fried pineapple mixture.
11. Serve with the flapjack ice cream and sugar tuiles.
Rate This Recipe