- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 200 g sugar
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 lemons, finely grated rind and juice
- 225 ml milk
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas 2. Cream the butter until very soft, and add the egg yolks and sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
2. Stir in the sieved flour, grated lemon rind and juice, followed by the milk.
3. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
4. Pour the custard into 6 ramekins or tea cups, and bake for 25 minutes, until just set.
5. Cool slightly, and dredge with icing sugar before serving.
Rate This Recipe