- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 Somerset Capricorn goats' cheese, with rindeach 100g
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 0 baby salad leaves, to serve
For the dressing:
- 125 g fresh cranberries
- juice of 1 large oranges
- 2 tbsp blackcurrant and cranberry cordial
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Cut each cheese in half horizontally and press the black pepper onto all sides of the cheese.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the peppered cheese cut side down and fry for 3-4 minutes or until very golden. Using a fish slice, turn over and cook for a further minute. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
3. Using kitchen paper, wipe out the pan and return to the heat. Add the cranberries and orange juice, cook over a high heat, shaking the pan for a minute or so, until the cranberries are hot and just cooked, adding extra orange juice if needed. Remove from the heat and immediately add the cordial and olive oil to the pan. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. To serve, place a half goats' cheese on each plate and drizzle with the dressing. Serve at once with a few salad leaves.
Rate This Recipe