- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 ml orange juice
- 1 pineapple, cut into 3cm cubes
- 4 stalks lemongrass
- knob butter
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, (split and seeds removed)
For the lime cream
- 150 ml crème fraîche
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- sprigs mint, for decoration
1. Boil the orange juice and reduce down to 50ml. Leave on one side
2. Skewer the cubed pineapple onto the lemongrass sticks.
3. Melt the butter in a non-stick frying pan. Once it begins to foam, add the pineapple kebabs. Colour on all sides, turning frequently.
4. Sprinkle in the ground ginger and caster sugar, followed by the vanilla seeds (keeping back the pod for decoration).
5. Add the reduced orange juice and simmer for about 5 minutes, until the pineapple is soft in the centre but still keeps its shape.
6. Mix the crème fraiche with the lime juice and zest. In the centre of a plate stack the pineapple kebabs, drizzle over the sauce, and place a spoonful of lime-flavoured crème fraiche over the top. Garnish with the vanilla pod and a sprig of mint.
Rate This Recipe