- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g plums, halved and stoned
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 oranges
- 150 g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 40 g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 egg
- 15 g butter, melted
- warm custard
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Place the plums in a shallow ovenproof serving dish in a single layer. Drizzle with the orange juice and scatter over the muscovado sugar.
3. Bake the plums in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together into a bowl and stir in the caster sugar. Make a well in the centre.
5. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, egg and melted butter. Add to the dry ingredients, together with the orange zest, and mix lightly until just combined into a soft dough.
6. Take the baking dish from the oven and dollop the dough on top of the plums in 8 large spoonfuls to create a rough cobble effect. Sprinkle over a little muscovado sugar.
7. Return the dish to the oven and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden and cooked. Serve warm with lashings of warm custard.
Rate This Recipe