- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 1 hr standing
- Effort: easy
- 1 haunch venison steaks, (ask your butcher to separate the individual muscles and trim away the sinew)
- 500 g caster sugar
- 500 g table salt
- 100 g pink salt
- handful peppercorns, (optional)
1. Mix the caster sugar, table salt and pink salt together and coat the meat well with this mixture. Place in a large bowl, as the mixture will draw the meat juices out and you don't want to lose these. Marinate for 1 hour. Do not leave it any longer or it will become too dry and end up like biltong.
2. Rinse the meat in cold water. Put in the smoker for 1 hour at 60-70C for 1 hour.
Rate This Recipe