- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150-160g hot smoked salmon
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
- 400 g good quality dried spaghetti
- 100g frozen petit pois
- small bunch of dill
- 3 heaped tbsp crème fraîche
1. Flake the hot-smoked salmon into mouthful-sized chunks in a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of generously salted water to the boil.
3. Feed the spaghetti into the pan, give it a stir, then cook at a rolling boil, stirring occasionally to keep the strands separate, until the pasta is just tender but with a bite. Check the cooking time on the pack, as it does vary. When the pasta is almost done, throw in the peas.
4. Remove any tough stalks from the dill, then chop the fronds fairly roughly.
5. Reserve about 4 tablespoons of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and peas and return them to the pan with the reserved water.
6. Set over a very low heat, then toss in the salmon, dill, crème fraîche, salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
7. Toss everything together lightly and heat through briefly, then serve at once.
Rate This Recipe