- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 2-3 large baking potatoes, baked
- 1 tbsp double cream
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 lemon, quartered, to serve
For the coriander and spring onion mayonnaise:
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 50 g coriander, chopped
- 100 g mayonnaise
1. In a large bowl, place the flaked salmon and cooked potato flesh, discarding the skins. You need equal quantities of fish to potato.
2. Add the double cream, lemon juice, smoked paprika and egg. Season and mix everything together.
3. Take spoonful of the mixture about the size of a large golf ball and roll it into a ball, place it on a plate and repeat until all the mixture has been used up. You should end up with about 8 fritters.
4. Roll each fritter in the flour.
5. Heat up some vegetable oil in a fryer to 180°C and deep fry the fritters for about 4 minutes, until golden brown.
6. For the mayonnaise simply mix together the spring onion, coriander, and mayonnaise and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. Drain the fritters, and then place them on a plate to serve, with a dollop of mayonnaise and a wedge of lemon.
Rate This Recipe