- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 300 g fresh chanterelle mushrooms, brushed clean
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 150 ml double cream
- 100 ml port
- 150 ml crème fraîche
- black pepper
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 450g piece of hot smoked salmon, kinned and sliced into 6 pieces
- 1 red onion, finely chopped, for garnish
1. Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the shallots and fry for for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Add the chanterelles and fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle the flour over the chanterelle mixture.
3. Add the double cream and port. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the crème fraiche and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute.
6. Divide the spinach and chanterelle mixture among 6 warm serving plates. Top with the hot-smoked salmon portions. Garnish with red onion and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe