- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salmon
- 1 skinned thick salmon fillet
- drizzle olive oil
- smoker oakwood chippings
For the potato salad
- 4-5 new new potatoes
- 2 sticks celery, and the small central celery heart, sliced, plus any leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- drizzle vinegar, of your choice
1. For the salmon: be sure to keep the room well ventilated while hot smoking. Lay the salmon fillet on a piece of foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Fold the foil over and turn it into an envelope so that the salmon is completely sealed. Take another sheet of foil, sprinkle the chippings on one half - put the bag containing the salmon on top of the chippings.
3. Prick the top of the inner bag, fold the outer foil over the top and seal it in.
4. Put the foil parcel on a hot griddle pan. Check the temperature of your smoker with a thermometer - it should be 150C. Smoke for about 10 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to your liking.
5. For the potato salad: cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling, salted water until tender.
6. Combine the chopped celery and celery leaves in a salad bowl and add half of the chilli.
7. Put the remaining chilli in a separate small bowl and stir together with the olive oil. Set aside.
8. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and slice. Add them to the salad bowl and drizzle with vinegar, to taste.
9. To serve, arrange the salad on a plate, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the reserved chilli oil (any remaining chilli oil can be used in another dish). Place the hot smoked salmon on top of the salad and serve either hot or cold.
Rate This Recipe