- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling and marinating
- Effort: easy
- 1 large Gold pineapple
- 1 red chilli, halved, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 oranges, juice only
For the ice cream
- 300 ml double cream
- 300 g plain yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
1. Make the ice cream first: lightly whisk the cream until softly peaking. Fold in the yogurt.
2. Spoon the mixture into a shallow dish and smooth the surface. Sprinkle the sugar evenly over the top.
3. Chill the cream in the fridge for 4-5 hours, or freeze for 20-30 minutes, or until really chilled.
4. For the pineapple: cut both ends off the pineapple and with a knife cut away the skin, then quarter and remove the core from each wedge. Cut each wedge in half giving 8 wedges in total.
5. Place the pineapple wedges in a bowl add the chilli, honey and orange juice. Toss well and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
6. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Remove the pineapple wedges from the marinade, reserving the liquid, and add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly charred. Arrange on 4 serving plates.
7. Pour the reserved marinade into the pan and allow to bubble over the heat for a few seconds.
8. To serve: drizzle the hot dressing over the pineapple wedges and serve with the brown sugar iced cream.
Rate This Recipe