- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 450 g frozen blueberries
- 400 ml double cream
- 200 ml milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 25 g caster sugar
- 50 ml whiskey
- 100 g heather honey
1. Defrost half of the blueberries (keeping the remainder frozen) and pass through a sieve, using a wooden spoon to press them through.
2. Skim off any foam, cover and chill the blueberry puree while you make the cream.
3. Pour the cream and milk into a pan and slowly bring to the boil over a medium heat.
4. Put the egg yolks and caster sugar into a bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
5. Pour the hot boiled cream over the egg yolks, stirring all the time. Pour this back into the pan and place over a very low heat, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes, or until it begins to thicken (don't let it go too hot or it may curdle).
6. Add the whisky and honey and mix through. Remove from the heat and stir for a couple of minutes more. Set aside.
7. To serve, mix the frozen berries with the berry puree and spoon into four serving bowls. Ladle the warm cream over the frozen berries and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe