- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 30 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 115 g butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- salt and ground freshly ground white pepper
- 450 g potatoes, ,thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Grease an ovenproof dish (approx 20cm wide x 10cm deep) with butter and season it with salt and white pepper.
2. Mix together the sliced potato, onion and carrot with the melted butter and season well with salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. Layer the bottom of the dish neatly with sliced potato. Layer sliced potato around the side of the dish, overlapping well. Place the remaining potato, onion and carrot in the centre of the dish, cover with a lid or foil and bake until cooked and golden brown, around 45 minutes.
4. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before turning out.
5. Cut into wedges with a sharp knife and reheat for 10 minutes in a hot oven.
Rate This Recipe