- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- knob of butter
- 2 eggs
- handful of coriander leaves
For the salsa
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small bird's eye chilli, finely chopped
- 150 ml passata
- black pepper
- 2 warm soft flour or corn tortillas
- hot chilli sauce
1. First, make the salsa. Mix together the onion, red pepper, green pepper, courgette, garlic and chilli. Stir in the passata and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
3. Add in the salsa and fry gently, stirring often, until warmed through, around 10 minutes.
4. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, make a gap in the centre of the salsa.
5. Add the butter to the gap and heat until melted.
6. Break the eggs over the butter.
7. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
8. To serve, slide the eggs and salsa onto a large serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve at once with warm tortillas and chilli sauce.
Rate This Recipe