- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the huevos revueltos
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- ½ tsp paprika, extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g small prawns
- handfuls rocket
- sourdough bread
- garlic olive oil
- pimentos, drained and fried in olive oil and tossed in sea salt
Tips and Suggestions
The prawns can be raw or already cooked or swap them for salmon, cooked chicken, veggies, jamon or chorizo sausage, roasted red peppers, wild mushrooms, cooked cubed potatoes or onion.
1. For the huevos revueltos: heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat and add the spinach and a splash of water. Toss until just wilted. Drain, and lightly squeeze dry if needed.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the paprika. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk well until combined.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, then add the garlic and sizzle until lightly golden. Stir in the prawns and lightly fry for 1-2 minutes, until they turn pink and are cooked through. Add the spinach back into the pan and toss well over a medium heat.
4. Pour the eggs into the pan, stirring gently. Leave to cook for 10 seconds, then use a spatula to push the egg mixture back and forth to mix the eggs with the prawns and spinach.
5. Remove the pan from the heat while the eggs are still slightly runny and soft. Dust with extra paprika and scatter over the rocket leaves.
6. Serve the huevos reveultos on grilled sourdough bread brushed with olive oil. Scatter over the pimentos del pardon.
Rate This Recipe