- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the houmous
- 1 tin chickpeas, reserving a few for presentation
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 01/2 lemons, juice only
- good pinch smoked paprika
- good glugextra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
For the salad
- 3 bulb baby fennel
- 6 leaves of chicory
- 4 grapes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp chopped tarragon
- 5 mint leaves, torn
- 1 carrot
- good chunk of feta cheese
- handful toasted flaked almonds
1. Add all the hummous ingredients to a blender. Blend. Add a good glug of extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper and blend again until almost smooth.
2. Taste and readjust the seasoning. Add more oil and blend further for a smoother consistency.
3. Spoon the hummous into a serving bowl and sprinkle a few more chickepeas and smoked paprika over the top.
4. In a large bowl mix the grated ginger with the lime juice and a good glug of extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Peel the outer leaves of the baby fennel and discard. Julienne the rest of the fennel. Add to the bowl, along with the chicory and grapes.
6. Add the tarragon and mint. Peel the carrot with a vegetable peeler and add to the bowl.
7. Crumble in the feta and mix everything in the bowl together. Season to taste. Sprinkle the salad with some toasted flaked almonds.
8. Plate the salad next to the hummous and serve with toasted pita bread.
Rate This Recipe