- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- couple pinches ground cumin
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- pickles and olive
- pitta bread
1. Tip the chickpeas and the water they are in into a pan and heat until they are warmed through but not simmering.
2. Lift the chickpeas out with a slotted spoon and whizz in a food processor with the garlic and tahini and as much of the warm chickpea water as necessary to ensure that you get a puree.
3. Add a tablespoon of extra virgin oil, then transfer to a small mixing bowl and stir in the cumin, salt and some lemon juice.
4. Leave until cooled, which will give it time to firm up a bit.
5. Taste and season, then spoon into a serving bowl and use the back of the spoon to make a well. Pour some extra virgin olive oil into the well, sprinkle the rim with cayenne and serve with warm bread, lemon wedges, olives and pickled chillies.
Rate This Recipe