- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 6 rashers of rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 75 g mushrooms, sliced
- rabbit filo spring rolls, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the onions, stirring to coat. Reduce the heat to low, and gently fry for 40 minutes, stirring now and then, until beginning to caramelise.
2. Meanwhile, in another pan, gently fry the bacon pieces. When the fat starts to render, add the mushrooms and fry for about 5 minutes until soft.
3. Once the onions are browned, snip them with scissors to ensure there are no stringy bits. Stir in the mushroom and bacon mixture.
4. Serve warm with the Rabbit Filo Spring Rolls.
Rate This Recipe