- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs 15 mins resting
- Effort: easy
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 15 g salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 80 ml olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 240 ml water
- 120 g iberico cheese, 90g chopped, 30g grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- A handful of chopped basil
1. Mix together the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil and water to form a dough. Place in a bowl, cover and set aside to rest for 1 hour.
2. Mix the Iberico cheese, onion and basil into the dough, place in a bowl, cover and set aside to rest for half an hour.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface. Flatten the dough into an oval shape. Push holes in the top of the dough, using your finger.
4. Place the dough oval on a lined baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and rest for 45 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 230ºC/gas 8. Sprinkle the bread with the grated Iberico. Bake the focaccia for 20 minutes, Brush with olive oil and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe