- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the risotto:
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 sprig of rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 150 g paella rice
- 50 ml white wine
For the pork:
- 25 ml olive oil
- 2 300g Ibérico pork fillet
For the pickled vegetables:
- 100 g caster sugar
- 75 ml sherry vinegar
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 oranges, 1 segmented and 2 juiced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 stick celery, roughly chopped
- 4 large wild mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 garlic cloves, sliced
- celery leaves, to garnish
1. For the risotto: Heat the oil and sweat the onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add the rosemary, bay leaf and rice and coat in the oil. Add the white wine and simmer until almost evaporated.
3. Pour in 750ml of water, cover with foil and gently simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
4. When ready to serve remove the foil and fluff the rice up with a fork.
5. For the pork: Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
6. Season the fillet with salt and pepper before sealing in a hot, oiled pan until golden brown. Transfer to the oven for 8 minutes, remove and rest before carving.
7. For the pickled vegetables: Add the sugar to a hot, dry frying pan and leave to caramelise. Once the sugar has all dissolved and turned a dark caramel colour add the red wine vinegar, stock and orange and lemon juice then bring to the boil and reduce by half.
8. Place all the vegetables into the sauce except for the orange segments and cook for a few minutes or until they just start to soften.
9. Remove from the heat and stir through the orange segments.
10. To serve, carve the fillet into large pieces, pour over the vegetables and sauce and serve with the rice.
Rate This Recipe