- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus softening and freezing
- Effort: medium
- 1 kg vanilla ice cream
- 60 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50 ml double cream
- 20 g ground almonds
- 25 g slightly dry madeira cakes, crumbs, or crushed digestive biscuits
- 25 ml Baileys or Cointreau
- cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Place six individual 175ml freeze-proof pudding moulds in the freezer. Take out the vanilla ice-cream to soften at room temperature for around 20 minutes.
2. Spread the softened ice-cream around the base and sides of the chilled moulds and put back in the freezer until firm.
3. Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the ground almonds and cake crumbs together.
5. Once the chocolate and cream has melted, add to the cake crumb mixture, stirring in the Cointreau.
5. Fill the centre of the ice cream-lined moulds with the chocolate truffle mixture, levelling off the top. Cover with cling-film and freeze in the freezer until firm.
6. When ready to serve dip the moulds briefly in hot water, place upside down on serving plates and decorate with dusted cocoa.
Rate This Recipe