- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 rectangular waffle, warmed
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 trifle sponges, trimmed to the same size as the waffles
- 200 ml tia maria, liquer
- 100 ml strong espresso coffee
- 3 bananas, finely sliced
- 100 ml hot chocolate sauce
- cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Warm the waffles through in a toaster or under the grill.
2. Beat the ice cream in a bowl until smooth and spreadable.
3. Mix together the Tia Maria and coffee in a bowl, then dip in the trifle sponge. Remove from the mixture, then lay half of the sponge on top of the waffle.
4. Spread half of the ice cream over the sponge, then lay over the sliced bananas. Layer over the remaining ice cream and drizzle over half of the chocolate sauce. Top with the remaining sponge, then drizzle with more chocolate sauce before topping with the second piece of waffle. Dust with cocoa powder and serve.
Rate This Recipe