- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g light soft brown sugar, or light muscavado sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter, chopped
- 6 tbsp double cream
- vanilla extract
- handful pecans, roughly crushed
- vanilla ice cream
- dark chocolate
1. Sprinkle the sugar into a medium hot pan and allow to caramelise. Do not stir the sugar until it is completely dissolved and begins to go golden.
2. Before the caramel becomes too dark, add the butter a little at a time, stirring continually. Once all the butter is amalgamated, stir in the cream and allow to bubble for 4-5 minutes, or until reduced to a thick syrup and the colour darkens slightly.
3. Add the pecans to the butterscotch and gently fold in. Turn off the heat and add a drop of vanilla extract.
4. To serve, spoon a little bit of the butterscotch sauce into the bottom of a sundae glass. Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, then drizzle over more butterscotch sauce. Repeat the layers of ice cream and butterscotch until the sundae glass is filled. Finish with the butterscotch sauce and grate over some dark chocolate
Rate This Recipe