- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: medium
- 4 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 50 g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp Malibu
- 300 ml double cream, softly whipped
- 65 g coconut, freshly grated
- 20 lychees, peeled and de-stoned
- a little icing sugar
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
- 2 rambutans, peeled, halved and de-stoned
1. Whisk the yolks, sugar and Malibu together till light, thick and pale in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of boiling water. Allow to cool.
2. Whisk the egg white until stiff peaks form.
3. Stir the grated coconut into the cooled yolk mixture. Fold in the softly whipped double cream and then the whisked egg whites.
4. Spoon the mixture into 4 moulds and freeze for 1-2 hours until set.
5. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water then set aside to cool.
6. Unmould the frozen coconut parfaits and dip each one into the cooled melted chocolate half-way up. Return the parfaits to the freezer and freeze until serving.
7. In a jug blender process the lychees until smooth. Sweeten to taste with icing sugar and pass through a sieve.
8. Place the parfaits on four serving plates and spoon around the lychee puree. Garnish each plate with half a rambutan and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe