- Serves: Makes 30 crostinis
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 medium aubergines, chopped into 2cm cubes
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds, ground
- ¾ tsp cardamom seeds, ground
- 3 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 450 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped (or 1 can chopped tomatoes)
- 50 g sultanas
- 2 tbsp chopped mint, coriander or parsley
- 30 thin slices baguettes, toasted
- crème fraîche
- Mint or coriander leaves
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add the cubes of aubergine and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain.
2. In another pan, heat the olive oil. Add the spices and cook, stirring, for 10-20 seconds until they begin to smell fragrant. Be careful not to let them burn. Quickly add the aubergine and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, sultanas and season. Cook until the tomatoes have softened and the mixture has thickened.
4. Allow the mixture to cool, then stir in the chopped herbs.
5. To serve: spoon a little imam bayildi onto each crostini and add a small blob of crème fraiche and a leaf of mint or coriander.
Rate This Recipe