- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp hot curry powder
- 1 x 200 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g canned mixed pulses, drained
- 2.5 cm ginger, grated
- pinches salt
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the onions and garlic. Fry for 5 minutes, until golden brown.
2. Stir in the curry powder and tomatoes and cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, until the butter rises to the surface. The mixture should resemble a thick dark red paste.
3. Add the mixed pulses and ginger, season with salt, and stir well, mashing a few beans as you stir. Cook for 3-5 more minutes.
4. Pour in 125ml hot water and cook over a gentle heat for another 5 minutes.
5. Scatter over the chopped coriander and serve with plain rice, pitta bread or a jacket potato. Accompany with a green salad.
Rate This Recipe