- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 30 g butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinches chilli powder
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g plain flour
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 125 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
2. Cook the florets in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes until just tender. Drain.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the cumin seeds, followed by the chilli powder, the milk and finally the flour. Whisk until smooth and boil gently for a couple of minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Reduce the heat so that the sauce is no longer boiling. Season with salt and pepper, stir in the mustard and most of the grated cheese, reserving some to sprinkle on top later. Stir for 1 minute.
5. Pour a little of the sauce into an ovenproof dish that is large enough to hold the cauliflower. Arrange the florets in the dish and pour over the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle the leftover cheese on top, along with the chopped chilli.
6. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce bubbles and the top turns golden. Serve.
Rate This Recipe