- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
For the puddings
- 90 g butter
- 90 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 90 g self-raising flour
- 1 orange, grated zest and juice
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 4 tsp persimmon purée
For the persimmon anglaise
- 250 ml milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 ml persimmon purée
- 1 tbsp orange-flavoured liqueur
1. Butter 4 small pudding basins
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the flour and the grated orange zest.
3. Add enough orange juice to produce a dropping consistency.
4. Put a spoonful of golden syrup in the bottom of each pudding basin.
5. Divide the pudding mixture between the basins and cover with foil.
6. Put in a steamer and steam for 40 minutes. .
7. To make the persimmon anglaise; heat the milk in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat.
8. Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and persimmon purée.
9. Whisk in the hot milk and mix until well incorporated.
10. Pour the mixture into a clean pan and heat gently over a low heat until it begins to thicken. Be careful not to overheat as this will make the mixture curdle and scramble the eggs.
11. To test if the mixture is cooked, test with the back of a wooden spoon drawing a line through it, if it stands still it is ready.
12. Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl and allow to cool. Place in the fridge to become cold. Stir in the orange-flavoured liqueur.
13. Turn the puddings out and serve with the persimmon anglaise.
Rate This Recipe