- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- black pepper
- 1 iceberg lettuce, roughly torn
- 6 plum tomatoes
- handful of marinated pitted black olives
- 6 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 pinches of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 12 fine slices Napoli salami, cut in half moon shapes
- handful of toasted, salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 ciabatta bread, freshly sliced and toasted
1. Place the chicken breast fillets between greaseproof paper or cling film. Flatten the chicken fillets with a chef's mallet, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and brush with olive oil.
2. Preheat the grill then grill the chicken fillets for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, place the lettuce, tomatoes and olives in a large bowl.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and the parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, add in the salami and the pumpkin seeds and mix well, using your hands. Set aside for 2 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
6. Slice the freshly grilled chicken into 1cm thick strips.
7. Place the chicken on 4 serving plates, top with the hot chicken strips and serve at once with the freshly toasted ciabatta.
Rate This Recipe